Pages

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Civil war soldiers' bodies secretly exhumed

This story about exhuming Civil War-era remains was making the rounds today, and since we're a Museum that features soldiers' remains from the war on display and in the collection, I thought linking to the story was worthwhile.

From USA Today:

"Working in secret, federal archaeologists have dug up the remains of dozens of soldiers and children near a Civil War-era fort after an informant tipped them off about widespread grave-looting."

2 comments:

Mike Rhode said...

I was going to post on that one - good catch, even if you're attending a conference!

Tim Clarke, Jr. said...

I saw the article while reading USAT over someone's shoulder in the waiting area at Philly's fantastic international airport (you decide: am I being sarcastic?) before coming up to Montreal today. And yes, I'll post something about the Museums and the Web conference I am attending this week.