Pages

Monday, January 18, 2010

St Roch's cemetery gate


St Roch gate
Originally uploaded by tiz_herself
On a visit to New Orleans this weekend, I saw mention of a cemetery founded by a priest in thanksgiving for his parishioners being spared death by yellow fever. Apparently those interred here died of something other than yellow fever. Well, I had to go see this place and thought I finally found somewhere that Joanna of Morbid Anatomy had not been. No. Not only did she beat me there, she got pictures of the discarded prosthetics room with the gate open; I had to make do shooting through the bars. Follow this picture back to the rest I've posted on my flickr page.

2 comments:

Joanna Ebenstein said...

Ha! Glad you made it there! Its wonderful, no?

cruisingat60 said...

Yes, it is pretty wonderful and that room with the discards is so unexpected.