Pages

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Letter of the Day: June 15 - census questions

Museum curator John Shaw Billings also did a lot of work on the US Census, directing the medical parts of it.

1811 Spruce Street

My dear Dr. Billings,

For my Address next May, as President of the Climatological Society I propose to give a discussion of phthisis in Pennsylvania, considered statistically and in reference to race, occupation and topography.

Will you kindly inform me, though I fear I should not trouble you with this question, what is the present status of the volume of vital statistics and the Statistical Atlas of the Census of 1880.

Have they been published or if not can you tell me when it will be likely that they will be published.

Yours truly,
William Pepper
6-15-85

Pages 128-135 of Table XIII Census Rep sent June 20.

No comments: