Pages

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Letter of the Day: July 20 (2 of 2)

Office of Geo. W. Knox

Storage Passenger, Freight, and Baggage Express.

Cor. 2d. & B Sts NW

Washington, D.C. July 20th 1887

 

Dr. J. S. Billings USA

Army Med: Museum

City

 

Dear Sir,

 

I have been informed by Capt C. H. Hoyt, USA in charge Supply Division &c War Dept. of the acceptance of my proposal for removal of Army Med: Museum from its present quarters to the new Building and that you have been addressed as to the conditions of contract, and will call on me for the transportation as required.

 

As my teams are often engaged three or four days ahead of the time the work is to be done, I respectfully ask that you give me as much notice of time you will require the wagons, as possible, so that I can arrange for prompt attention to your orders.

 

Respectfully +c

Geo. W. Knox

No comments: