Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Letter of the Day: August 17

Curatorial Records: Numbered Correspondence 875

 

The Lake House

B. Teufel, Proprietor.

Grass Lake, Mich., Aug. 17 1895

 

Dr. Jno. S. Billings

Washington, D.C.

 

Dear Doctor

 

I have a monstrosity, which would add greatly to your selection and which I claim to differ from any on record, and which I wish to sell.  These are two perfectly form[ed] girl babes connected at Sternum by bony union only. Weith 15#, two (2) heads, four (4) arms – four (4) limbs and every thing usual, except connection. They are nicely preserved, and very handsome.

 

If you wish a better description I refer you to Dr. Martau (Prof. dis. of women) at Ann  Arbor. Hoping that the Museum is in need of such and trusting that I may hear from you in a few days,

 

I remain,

Dr Lee, Jr.

No comments: