Pages

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Letter of the Day: November 3

Curatorial Records: Numbered Correspondence 01782

Dr. H.L.E. Johnson
Washington, DC
Nov. 3rd, 1896

DR. Walter Reed,
Surgeon U.S. Army, Curator
Army Medical Museum

My Dear Dr. Reed:

I enclose the report which you sent me last Jany. [January] to call up the circumstances and also a similar specimen in alcohol, passed yesterday by the same patient. Would you kindly tell me the nature of this specimen. I operated upon this patient for appendicitis, evacuating a very large abscess, on the 28th. ult. I intend reading a paper on appendicitis at the Congress in Mexico, including this and other cases and if it is perfectly convenient to you and meets your approval, I wish to incorporate this last report in my paper. I expect to start for Mexico on Sunday the 8th. inst.

Thanking you for this and other favors,
I am,
Faithfully yours,

H.L.E. Johnson

(Dictated.)

No comments: