Pages

Friday, March 4, 2011

Letter of the Day: March 4

Curatorial Records: Numbered Correspondence 01302

Subject

War Department
Surgeon General's Office,
Washington,

March 4, 1896

Major Walter Reed
Surgeon, U.S. Army,
Curator, Army Medical Museum,
Washington, D.C.

My Dear Reed:

Every time I have seen you of late I have forgotten a subject about which I intended to speak to you, and it is this: Occasionally books and other articles are purchased by the Surgeon General and sent down to you either for the Army Medical School or for the Museum proper. When they are for the School, do I understand that you take them up on your return and account for them? If for the Museum, I believe you drop them as deposited. Please let me know about this, whether it would be better for me to invoice to you any articles that are purchased by the Surgeon General for the Army medical School or for the Museum.

Very truly yours,
CH Alden

No comments: